Sunday, March 23, 2014

Money, Money, Money, Bruises: The Movie


So this film was at the Dallas International Film Festival last year and I had very much wanted to see it, but it conflicted with something else, I can't remember what. So imagine my happiness and surprise when I saw it in the 'Recently Added' section of Netflix. My path was clear, I had to finally watch this movie, and boy am I glad I did. It was at times hilarious, others chilling, generally weird and marvelously acted. The cast was broad and unexpected, but each actor fit their character in an odd yet perfect way.
Alright guys, it's plot synopsis time. Alice (Juno Temple) and John (Michael Angarano) are a couple, completely in love, but pitifully broke. That is, until they find a magical, ancient teapot that spews out money when someone feels pain. Yeah. Like I said, it's a bit weird, but the good kind. As the film progresses, the tea pot begins to change and consume the once pure couple. Innocent endeavors begin to turn sour as the teapot begins demanding greater and greater sacrifice for its rewards.
If it is anything, this movie is unique. At first I thought it was a little to funny to be dramatic and a little too violent to be a comedy, but it soon figured all that out and found a balance. By the end of the movie I was truly invested in the characters and satisfied by the ending. I would definitely recommend. I know good reviews aren't fun to read, but there aren't a lot of movie I dislike.

No comments:

Post a Comment