Sunday, March 23, 2014

Lots of Swearing and Nervous British People: The Movie


Do you like comedies? Do you like war movies? Do you like British movies in which everyone speaks at the speed of light? If you answered yes to at least two of these questions, have I got the movie for you! Based on a television series and peppered with perfect one-liners such as "I'm on the verge of taking a stand" and "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult", In the Loop had me laughing out loud at least once every five minutes or so. This film centers on British-American diplomatic relationships during the lead-up to declarations of war in the Middle East. It certainly doesn't sound like a laugh, but the documentary-style cinematography and impeccable dialogue show a different take on the situation. As confusion mounts for all parties chaos begins threatening to break loose, brought about by the vaguely anti-war paper. PWIP PIP.
With plots and characters galore, it is nearly impossible to be bored during this film. I would highly reccomend watching this, even if it is only to see Peter Capaldi, who has just been announced as the next Doctor on Doctor Who. Though, due to Capaldi's colourful vocabulary, I would advise not watching with parents. I know I ought to find some other problems with it, but I find it difficult, difficult, lemon difficult to be critical about movies I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment