Sunday, March 23, 2014

Lots of Screaming, Guy Eats Rat: The Movie


So it's that time of year again and I figured I would whip out the only horror movie I have genuinely enjoyed, and not for the right reasons. This is a truly great mockumentary-style horror film, and by 'truly great' I mean really bad. But, like the subject of a One Direction song, it is it's flaws that make it beautiful. Grave Encounters is a "reality" show hosted by the characters of the movie that investigates supernatural occurrences. The movie shows one night when the TV crew is locked in an asylum which turns out to be actually haunted. Horror ensues, etc. etc. I can't put my finger on a reason to watch this movie, but I still find myself recommending it. It falls into the genre of random movies on Netflix that are a combination of low production value and accidentally funny. And hey, if you don't get enough ridiculous horror from this movie, it has a sequel! Happy Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment